A Joint Meeting
2nd International Conference on Plant Biology
21st Symposium of the Serbian Plant Physiology Society
COST ACTION FA1106 QUALITYFRUIT Workshop
June 17-20, 2015
Petnica Science Center
On behalf of the Serbian Plant Physiology Society (SPPS) and the COST ACTION FA1106 QUALITYFRUIT, the Local Organizing Committee is pleased to invite you to attend the Joint Meeting of 2nd International Conference on Plant Biology, 21st Symposium of the Serbian Plant Physiology Society, and COST ACTION FA1106 QUALITYFRUIT Workshop, which will take place in Petnica Science Center (Petnica, Valjevo, Serbia), from Wednesday, June 17th, to Saturday, June 20th, 2015.
- Plant Growth and Development
- Plant Metabolism and Nutrition
- Plant Biotechnology
- Abiotic and Biotic Stress and Ecophysiology
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Evolutionary Plant Biology
- Plant Natural Products in Human Nutrition and Medicine
- Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Health Compounds Biosynthesis in Fruits (COST ACTION FA1106)
Contributors are invited to submit abstracts of any of the Conference topics. In addition to the plenary and highlight lectures (already fixed), the Scientific Committee is inviting proposals for short oral (10+5 min) and poster presentations. Please note that all scientific contributions will be subjected to an extensive review process. The selection of contributions for short oral presentations will be done based on the evaluation and recommendation of the Scientific Committee.
The Conference will include a full range of academic sessions, plenary lectures, social events and excursion. The participation of early career scholars and postgraduate researchers is particularly encouraged.
Confirmed invited speakers
Section: Plant Growth and Development
- Prof. Dr. James Giovannoni (Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA)
- Prof. Dr. Christian Fankhauser (Faculty of Biology and Medicine, Center for Integrative Genomics, University of Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Dr. David Honys (Laboratory of Pollen Biology, Institute of Experimental Botany, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic)
- Dr. Dragan Vinterhalter (Institute for Biological Research “Siniša Stanković”, University of Belgrade, Serbia)
- Dr. Bojana Banović (Institute of Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering, University of Belgrade, Serbia)
Section: Plant Metabolism and Nutrition
- Prof. Dr. Hrvoje Fulgosi (Division of Molecular Biology, Laboratory for Electron Microscopy, Ruđer Bošković Institute, Zagreb, Croatia)
- Dr. Miroslav Nikolić (Institute for Multidisciplinary Research, University of Belgrade, Serbia)
- Dr. Jelena Samardžić (Institute of Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering, University of Belgrade, Serbia)
Section: Plant Biotechnology
- Prof. Dr. Alain Tissier (Department Cell and Metabolic Biology, Leibniz Institute of Plant Biochemistry, Halle, Germany)
- Dr. Jules Beekwilder (Plant Research International, Wageningen University, The Netherlands)
- Prof. Dr. Milen Georgiev (Laboratory of Applied Biotechnologies, Institute of Microbiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Plovdiv, Bulgaria)
- Dr. Dragana Božić (Institute for biological Research “Siniša Stanković”, University of Belgrade, Serbia)
Section: Abiotic and Biotic Stress and Ecophysiology
- Prof. Dr. Harro Bouwmeester (Laboratory of Plant Physiology, Plant Sciences, Wageningen University, The Netherlands)
- Prof. Dr. Miroslav Lisjak (University of J. J. Strossmayer in Osijek, Faculty of Agriculture in Osijek, Department of Agroecology, Osijek, Croatia)
- Dr. Jelena Savić (Institute for Biological Research “Siniša Stanković”, University of Belgrade, Serbia)
- Dr. Živko Jovanović (Institute of Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering, University of Belgrade, Serbia)
Section: Biodiversity and Conservation
- Prof. Dr. Goran Anačkov (Department of Biology and Ecology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Serbia)
- Prof. Dr. Antun Alegro (Department of Botany and Botanical Garden, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, Croatia)
- Dr. Jelena Aleksić (Institute of Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering, University of Belgrade, Serbia)
Section: Evolutionary Plant Biology
- Prof. Dr. Petr Smýkal (Department of Botany, Faculty of Science, Palacký University in Olomouc, Czech Republic)
- Dr. Stevan Avramov (Institute for Biological Research “Siniša Stanković”, University of Belgrade, Serbia)
Section: Plant Natural Products in Human Nutrition and Medicine
- Dr. Autar Mattoo (USDA Sustainable Agricultural Systems Laboratory ARS, BARC-W, Beltsville, MD, USA)
- Prof. Dr. Neda Mimica-Dukić (Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Serbia)
- Dr. Marina Soković (Institute for Biological Research “Siniša Stanković”, University of Belgrade, Serbia)
- Prof. Dr. Roque Bru Martínez (Department of Agrochemistry and Biochemistry, University of Alicante, Spain)
- Prof. Dr. Sokol Abazi (Faculty of Natural Sciences, Tirana, Albania)
- Dr. Vuk Maksimović (Institute for Multidisciplinary Research, University of Belgrade, Serbia)
- Prof. Dr. Maja Natić (Faculty of Chemistry, University of Belgrade, Serbia)
Section: Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Health Compounds Biosynthesis in Fruits (COST ACTION FA1106)
- Prof. Dr. Mondher Bouzayen (UMR990 INRA/INP-ENSAT "Génomique et Biotechnologie des Fruits", Castanet-Tolosan, France)
- Dr. Julia T. Vrebalov (Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA)
- Dr. Giovanni Giuliano (Green Biotechnology Laboratory, ENEA-Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Development, Roma, Italy)
- Prof. Dr. Mario Pezzotti (Department of Biotechnology, University of Verona, Italy)
- Prof. Dr. Cathie Martin (John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, UK)
- Prof. Dr. Angelos Kanellis (Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece)
January 15th, 2015
Registration and abstract submission opening
January 15th, 2015
Abstract submission deadline
March 31st, 2015
Abstract evaluation deadline and notification of authors
April 15th, 2015
Registration Form submission deadline
May 1st, 2015
Draft Programme published
May 30th, 2015
The official language of the conference will be English. There will be no possibility for simultaneous translation into other languages.
Senior Researchers ---------------------50€
Students, Accompanying Persons-----25€
Registration fee includes admission to the academic sessions, conference material (Book of Abstracts, Conference Programme), certificate of attendance, opening ceremony, coffee breaks, excursion, and gala dinner. To register, please download and fill in the Registration Form, and send it to the organisers (email@example.com).
You will be asked to pay the Registration fee, once your abstract is accepted.
Participants are advised to check whether they are insured during their stay in Serbia. The Organizing Committee cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or personal harm.
The organizers will be pleased to send Letters of Invitation to any of registered participants upon request, once their abstract is accepted, and the Registration fee is covered. It is to be understood that such an invitation is intended to help participants to raise travel funds or to obtain a visa. You may request such a letter from the Organising Committee. It is not an obligation of the Conference organisers to provide any financial support.
Abstract Submission Period:
Until March 31st, 2015. Late submissions will not be considered.
Language of Submission:
All abstracts must be submitted in English with accurate grammar and spelling suitable for publication.
Abstract Submission Limit:
Maximum two abstract submissions per presenting author (oral or poster). The same author can be included as co-author on more than two submissions.
The Presenting Author will be notified by e-mail untill April 15th, 2015 with a report on the status of the abstract (accepted or declined). Presenting authors of accepted abstracts will also receive the information on the presentation type (oral or poster), day and time of presentation determined by the Conference Scientific Committee.
The participants need to submit the Registration form by May 1st, 2015 to confirm their acceptance, and to be included in the Conference Programme and Book of Abstracts.
CONFERENCE VENUE PETNICA SCIENCE CENTER
The Conference will take place in the congress hall and other facilities of the Petnica Science Center, which is the biggest and one of the oldest independent nonprofit organisations for extracurricular science education in SE Europe.
Petnica Science Center is located in the village Petnica near Valjevo, West Serbia, around 95 km SW from Belgrade. You can visit the official conference website to find more information about ways to get to Petnica.
Rooms at special Conference rates are being held in the Petnica Science Center.
Please visit the official Conference website to find more information for other Accomodation possibilities.